Control Your Comfort with Smart Thermostat Technology
It’s no surprise that heating and cooling costs are responsible for the bulk of your monthly energy bills, and the frigid winter hasn’t helped. Fortunately, you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for energy savings. By installing and properly using a “smart” programmable thermostat, you could save as much as 10 percent or more on monthly utility bills!
What is a Smart Thermostat?
A standard, old-school thermostat allows you to manually adjust the temperature in your home. Programmable models, on the other hand, allow you to pre-set temperature changes on an hour-to-hour basis. Smart thermostats take this technology to a new level: adapting to your comfort habits, giving you remote control options, and tracking energy savings from month to month. Benefits of smart thermostat models include:
- Wi-Fi Enabled: This feature allows you to control home temperatures from your smartphone, PC or tablet, which is especially handy if you travel frequently or log irregular hours at the office.
- Learning features. After a few days of use, some smart thermostats learn your preferred climate patterns, creating an ideal heating and cooling schedule while efficiently achieving temperature and savings goals. Of course, you always have the option of changing things manually if the schedule doesn’t suit your needs.
- Integrated technology. Most smart thermostats can also be programmed to manage humidifiers, dehumidifiers and zoned HVAC systems for total home climate control.
- Affordability. Even the most expensive models are relatively affordable, at $300 to $700 with installation. (Some models can be easily installed yourself, while others require professional installation.) When you consider overall energy savings, smart thermostats are typically a wise investment.
- Intuitive design. While some thermostats are a pain to program, smart models are designed with user-friendly digital interfaces that allow for easy adjustment from home—or away.
- Energy reporting. The more you know, the more you save. Smart programmable devices may offer the option of daily/weekly/monthly energy tracking. These helpful reports allow you to see where energy dollars are going so you can make cost-effective changes.
Schedule Smart Thermostat Installation
Your NATE-certified Tonna team provides expert installation for programmable and smart thermostats from Carrier, Honeywell and more. To learn more about the benefits, request a thermostat consultation, or inquire about pricing for a programmable thermostat or Wi-Fi enabled model, click here or call 507-216-4610 today!