7 Ways You Can Conserve H2O This Summer
With the hot Rochester summer in full swing, it’s the perfect time to think about your home’s water—especially since August holds the colorful title of Water Quality Month! Is your H20 in tip-top shape? Does it taste fresh and pure? If you have concerns about the quality of your home’s drinking water, remember that Tonna does more than just air conditioner installation in Kasson, MN. We also have water experts who can perform free water testing in your home!
So, next time you set up your annual HVAC maintenance appointment, schedule water testing as well. Our experts can help with many improvements, including water purification systems and water softeners.
In the meantime, don’t forget how important water is to our existence. One of the best ways to honor Water Quality Month is with water conservation. Here are seven ways you can save water this summer—all guaranteed to make a big splash:
- Shorten your shower. A two-minute reduction in shower time can save 150 gallons of water per month.
- Rinse fruit in a bowl. Rather than washing fruit under running water, fill a bowl first. Rinse fruits and veggies in the bowl.
- Reuse bath towels. No need to grab a fresh towel after each and every shower. Reuse a towel two to three times before tossing it in the washing machine. This helps reduce the amount of water you need for the washing machine—since you’ll be doing less laundry!
- Say “no thank you.” Politely decline a second glass of water when out to eat.
- Gather rainwater. Collect rainwater in buckets or a watering can and use the excess H20 to water your hanging plants or flowers.
- Use the dishwasher. Believe it or not, you waste more water washing your dishes by hand than by using a dishwasher. In fact, an Energy Star dishwasher uses just three gallons of water compared to 27 gallons per hand wash.
- Hit the car wash. Use the car wash rather than filling up buckets and washing your car yourself. Hand washing a car uses about 150 gallons of water vs. 50 gallons at the automatic car wash.
’Water’ Your Options? Plenty!
As the scorching heat beats down this month, remember our Tonna professionals are available 24/7 for air conditioning installation in Spring Valley, MN, and the surrounding areas. In addition, when your water starts tasting a bit off, we can bring clean water solutions to your home. We have a full-time Water Treatment Department that provides a wide range of water testing and water quality services. From water softeners and iron filters to deionization treatments and water purification systems, Tonna is your one-stop shop for fresh, clean tasting water.
Call us today at 507.216.4610 or visit us here to learn more about the water treatment solutions we offer.