Website Tonna Mechanical
The "Just Right" Company
Sheetmetal Duct Fabricator Jobs & Careers at Tonna Mechanical
Looking for a Sheetmetal Duct Fabricator in Rochester, MN
Tonna Mechanical, Inc. Rochester, Minnesota
Tonna is proud to be family owned and operated for over 40 years. We are GROWING! We are currently looking for Sheetmetal Fabricators.
We are looking for exceptional sheetmetal duct fabricators to fabricate and assemble sheetmetal using machines and hand tools to produce high quality HVAC duct, fittings and parts in a shop setting,
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials as requested
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Operate machines to cut, shape, and form sheet metal including roller, rotodie, shear, punch press, hand brake, weighting machine, plasma cutters, and more.
- Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Develop and lay out patterns that use materials most efficiently.
- Insulate ductwork using glue & pinspotter.
- Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Fabricates products to specific dimensions and quantities.
- Adheres to all company safety practices and procedures.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, cleans work area, machines, and equipment.
- Ensures products are handled in accordance to established standards.
- Loads, unloads, straightens, and organizes products during production.
- Controls and accounts for materials in order to minimize loss and damage.
Minimum requirements of the Sheetmetal Duct Fabricator:
• Experience Preferred but not necessary
- Able to Lift 75 lbs.
- DOT health card
- Valid Driver’s License
- Mechanical ability and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in use of computer programs and technology related to the position