Website Tonna Mechanical
The "Just Right" Company
Technical Trainer & Safety Coordinator Job Details Near Rochester, MN
Tonna is proud to be family owned and operated for 40 years. We are GROWING! We are currently looking for a Technical Trainer and Safety Coordinator.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to develop and deliver a comprehensive training & safety program, skills development & continuing education. As a trainer you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to produce high quality talent throughout the organization to support our growth and the desire to be the BEST!
- Devise technical training programs to support Tonna’s vision and strategy
- Produce training schedules and classroom agenda
- Determine course content according to objectives
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues.
- Record and track all team members licensing and apprenticeships, requirements, applications, renewals and reporting, continuing education and career path competency requirements.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Provide support to operations managers by conducting technical ride-a-longs & 1:1 training with installers, technicians, sales and support staff
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
- Apply for grants and utilize vendor discounts and coops to support training and safety programs
- Partner with industry best practice groups, manufacturer reps & vendors, associations, strategic partners to maximize training and safety
- Ability to adapt and develop technical training when news trades come on board such as but not limited to Electrical, Sewer/Drain Cleaning or other areas that would require training to support our goals
- Safety resource and training for all departments
- Jobsite safety inspections
- Accident reporting & investigation forms
- Develop & maintain safety handbook
- Develop safety program for new hires
- Report all regulatory forms
- Previous Experience in the trades including HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical Field.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Proven experience as a technical trainer
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office, Windows, Apple IOS, Adobe, etc.
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking in front of a congregation
- Able to take initiative and develop processes to support the goals and metrics for position
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Competitive Salary, earn up to $85,000 based on qualifications
- Health Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Yeah-End Profit Sharing Program
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Uniform Allowance