Things to Know Before Diving In
You wouldn’t buy a car on a whim, would you? OK, maybe you would if you’re feeling spontaneous. But for the most part, people do their research before making big purchases.
What about your air conditioner? It might not cost as much as a car—but it’s certainly a major investment. Think about how long you’re going to have it and depend on it. When it comes to purchasing a new AC, you should never make this decision in a breeze!
Not sure what you should be looking for in a new system? We’ve got the answers right here! Before you schedule air conditioner installation in Saint Charles, MN, consider the most important factors.
The AC Deal Breakers
It’s happened to everyone. The shirt looked great on the rack; but when you try it on, you’re amazed by how poorly it fits. No way around it…back to the rack it goes.
An improperly sized air conditioner is far more serious than an ill-fitting shirt. If your air conditioner is too big or too small, you’re going to pay the price every time your system is on. Here’s why:
- An AC that’s too big will constantly turn on and off. It will work in overdrive throughout the day, cooling your home very quickly and then shutting off. Today’s air conditioners are built to operate efficiently, not aggressively. So an AC that’s too big will work inefficiently and increase your energy bills.
- An AC that’s too small will be in a never-ending uphill battle. Since modern-day air conditioners are designed to cool your home slowly but steadily, a system that’s too small will fail to meet your cooling needs. It will run throughout the day and cost you more in energy bills.
- An AC that’s “Just Right” will give you the best of both worlds. It will cool to your heart’s content and work efficiently. Tonna Mechanical has been sizing AC systems for decades. Our experts will examine your home and gather a full understanding of your cooling needs before recommending your “Just Right” size.
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio measures the seasonal or annual efficiency of your air conditioner. The logic is simple: The higher the SEER, the more efficient your unit is. And the more efficient your unit is, the more you save over time!
While the government requires a SEER rating of at least 13, Tonna Mechanical installs air conditioners that double the mandated SEER.
Learn more about SEER and other helpful HVAC terminology here.
The contractor installing your AC is just as important as the AC itself. You can purchase the best AC on the market—but it won’t matter if it’s poorly installed.
At Tonna Mechanical, our NATE-certified technicians know their stuff. We understand how crucial the installation work is for your long-term comfort and financial savings. That’s why we hire only the most qualified, experienced technicians to install your system. No matter who knocks on your door, you can rest assured your installer will do everything to make sure your system operates 100 percent correctly—100 percent of the time.
What would you trust more: A well-known, longstanding brand or an unfamiliar brand no one knows about? We sure know our pick!
That’s why Tonna Mechanical is Southeastern Minnesota’s only Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. We carry America’s leading air conditioner brand because it’s the brand we trust in our own homes.
Here are just some of the reasons why customers prefer Carrier:
- Outstanding efficiency
- 100 percent Carrier satisfaction guarantee
- Superior quality and dependability
- Extremely quiet operation
Purchasing a new AC is the beginning of a new chapter. But what happens after that? As you fall in love with your new system, it’s important to show it some love in return. And nothing protects your equipment (and your investment) better than professional maintenance.
Find your happily ever after in our “Just Right” Comfort Club. With three different plans, you can pick the level of coverage that’s right for you. You can even add other appliances such as your water softener or garage heater to create your very own personalized plan.
And did we mention the perks? We give Comfort Club members the VIP treatment to protect not only their equipment, but their peace of mind, too.
Explore our Comfort Club plans and learn why cooling maintenance matters for your comfort and your finances.
Expect the Best With Tonna Mechanical
We know that there’s a lot to cover with air conditioners. That’s why we give you the information you need before making a purchasing decision. When your old system is kaput and you need an air conditioner installation in Plainview, MN, or beyond, we’ll guide you through the entire process.
To request an estimate for your home or business, call Tonna Mechanical at 507.216.4610 or contact us online today.