April Showers Bring—Big Water Issues
Don’t Worry—Tonna Helps Drain Away Your Worries!
When April finally rolls around, homeowners start to experience that feverish spring excitement. Grass grows, flowers bloom and outdoor living gets more enjoyable. After a long, cold winter, the onset of spring is always welcome. And if you think about it, there’s one factor largely responsible for all of this rebirth. What? you may ask. Water, of course! Water is the key to helping all things grow, thrive and replenish. And as your local plumbers in Kasson, MN, we certainly know all about water!
So, with the certainty of April rain and our love of all things H20, we thought this month would be the perfect time to provide you with five amazing facts about water. Here are five tidbits to help quench your thirst for water knowledge:
- Approximately 400 billion gallons of water are used in the United States each day.
- In one year, the average American residence uses over 100,000 gallons of water (indoors and outside).
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Americans drink more than 1 billion glasses of tap water per day.
- Water makes up 66 percent of the human body.
Keep Your Head Above Water With These Tips
Impressed? Now that you’ve learned some hardcore facts about what water can do for you and how important it is for survival, here are four more truths from Tonna about how we can help improve your home’s water system.
- Invest in a sump pump. Did the excess rain and melting of snow infiltrate the lower levels of your home this past month? Don’t let a water invasion disrupt your home again. Prevent lower-level flooding with the installation of a sump pump. Tonna Mechanical installs and services electric sump pumps that drain excess water to keep the lower levels of your home dry. Even better—battery backup generators keep your pump running in the event of a power outage during flooding.
- Consider water testing and treatments. Rochester’s water is prone to high levels of iron and calcium (among other elements), which often result in hard water. Tonna provides a variety of water quality testing services for these minerals and will recommend the proper treatment for your water.
- Install a water softener. Do your dishes appear spotty? Are your clothes scratchy even after being washed? Your appliances are not to blame. Instead, hard water is the likely culprit causing these issues. Solution? Invest in a water softener and say goodbye to hard water.
- Call for plumbing maintenance. If water isn’t running smoothly through your pipes or you’re experiencing frustrating drips or annoying clogs, call Tonna. Our master plumbers can evaluate any problems and offer ideal solutions to get things flowing once again.
Your Water Options Are Clear: Call Us
As flooding continues in the Rochester area and the April rains begin to fall, remember that Tonna is your No. 1 plumbing company in Dodge Center, MN, and the surrounding areas for all of your water and plumbing needs. From installation and plumbing repair to water testing and purification systems, our master plumbers are always ready to help our loyal customers with their indoor comfort needs.
- April 4, 2019
- By Patrick Murphy