Cozy Up to Some Fall Fun This Season
Try These 8 Fun Activities in Rochester this October
The chill of October has landed and it finally feels like fall in Rochester. It’s the time of year when temperatures start to dip, homeowners prep for the season and we at Tonna Mechanical get our first calls for heating repair in Kasson, MN! It’s also when kids start squirming with excitement about the activities that the spooky Halloween season has in store.
How about you? How do you celebrate the first official month of autumn? In Rochester, MN, we have an entire calendar of haunting events to help get us in the fall mood. From fall festivals and apple picking to haunted houses and pumpkin patches, there is plenty of outdoor fun to keep us busy!
Here are eight seasonal activities in the Rochester area that will fill you with the spirit of Halloween and give you that cozy feel of fall:
Haunted Trolley Tours, Rochester, MN
Hop on the trolley every Friday in October and hear the frightful tales of Rochester’s past murderers and gangsters.
Fright at the Farm, Willow’s Keep Farm, Zumbrota, MN
Not for the faint of heart, Fright at the Farm is a live-action walk-through tour filled with haunts by live actors!
Family Fun Park, Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, Byron, MN
This family-oriented park includes a 12-acre corn maze, mini golf, a food court and a pumpkin patch.
Colors, Caches and Changes Hike, Whitewater State Park, Altura, MN
Enjoy a hike amidst the colorful leaf changes and try your hand at geocaching, too.
Unraveled Escape Room, Rochester, MN
Are you the daring type? Grab a team of friends and try your luck at escaping this locked room as you navigate your way out using clues and logic.
Haunted Olde Pine Theatre, Pine Island, MN
Get spooked by the ghosts who “haunt” the Olde Pine Theatre since perishing in its fire in the winter of 1949.
Candlelight Cemetery Walk, Whitewater State Park, Altura, MN
Hear ghost stories about civil war soldiers and pioneers during a candlelit walk through a ghost town cemetery.
Boo Fest, Century High School, Rochester, MN
Held at Century High School, this Halloween-themed carnival has activities for children ages K-8.
Fall Into Cozy Comfort
Of course, as Halloween approaches, pumpkins, witches and corn mazes shouldn’t be the only items on your fall checklist. The change of seasons means a great deal for your HVAC system as well. As you decorate your home with fall wreaths and jack-o’-lanterns, don’t forget about the ways you should safeguard your indoor comfort from unwanted chills, too. The last thing you want is your home to be haunted by something unexpected—like a heating malfunction!
Here are six great tips for making sure nothing spooky invades your cozy home comfort this fall:
- Change filters. Cleaning or replacing your filters allows for better airflow and a more efficient system.
- Update old systems. Consider replacing your system if it’s over 15 years old—before bigger problems hit.
- Don’t block registers. For more efficient airflow, be sure your vents and registers are all unblocked and clean.
- Readjust your thermostat. If you can, preprogram your thermostat so you’re not wasting energy during hours when no one is home.
- Change batteries. Change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors—and be sure to test them!
- Call Tonna! Call Tonna for a professional fall heating tune-up. Whatever your needs may be, from heating repair in Spring Valley, MN, to water treatment and testing in Rochester, Tonna can keep all those possible scares from creeping inside!
- October 10, 2018
- By Patrick Murphy