Looking Ahead to 2016
Resolve to stop making these costly mistakes
As you think ahead to all that you’d like to accomplish in the New Year, consider your HVAC system—and how much of a difference routine maintenance and professional service can have on your comfort and your wallet.
In 2016, resolve to take care of the system that takes care of you—day in and day out, season after season. In particular, resolve to keep up with regular tune-ups and to employ professionally trained technicians to handle your HVAC services.
You see—with a desire to cut corners and keep costs down, many homeowners make the tragic mistake of purchasing the incorrect HVAC system for their homes and attempting to perform tasks that should be left to professionally trained technicians.
Here is a quick checklist of common mistakes, and what you should resolve to do instead in 2016.
- Ignoring the filter. One of the easiest, yet often the most overlooked ways to improve your air quality and lower your chance of health problems is by installing a new filter in your HVAC unit. Discover how often a filter should be changed and what can happen if this simple step is skipped in our free guide.
- Neglecting routine maintenance. Your HVAC system can often fall prey to the ‘out of sight, out of mind’ way of thinking. Just because you don’t see or notice it that often doesn’t mean it doesn’t need to be maintained, though! The consequences of long-term neglect can be expensive; find out for yourself, here.
- Skimping on duct cleaning. Your air ducts need to be cleaned on a regular basis, too. Check out our free guide to learn about what can happen when dust, pollen, and allergens build up inside your ducts.
- Self-installation of HVAC equipment. Occasionally, homeowners are tempted to install their own equipment to try to save on installation costs. Unfortunately, this can often backfire. In some cases, improper installation of heating equipment, in particular, can be dangerous or even fatal. Learn why it’s essential to hire a professional for any HVAC installation, here.
- Purchasing the wrong size of equipment. In an effort to save money, some homeowners will purchase equipment that is too small to effectively control the indoor climate. Contact a professional for help with purchasing the correct equipment for your home and your needs.
Tonna Mechanical HVAC Services
At Tonna Mechanical, we understand the pressures of your daily life. That’s why we’re here to we are here to help you save time, money, and frustration.
Contact us today and let us make your life easier in 2016.
Happy New Year!
- November 11, 2015
- By Patrick Murphy